The national award recognizes LEO A DALY’s contributions to the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME).
Advisory Board asked LEO A DALY’s healthcare team for ways hospitals can free up bed capacity to treat COVID-19 patients.
The Advisory Board shares the fascinating backstory of the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit, now being used to treat Coronavirus patients
Esquire has an exclusive inside look at the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit and the elite team fighting COVID-19. LEO A DALY designed the 10-bed unit.
Paul Henderson spoke with BD+C about a new initiative to provide clients with life-cycle and energy analysis earlier in the design process
LEO A DALY’s Response to COVID-19
Here, you’ll find updates about how LEO A DALY is managing the coronavirus crisis.
March 27, 2020
In most cases, the SIP Orders that are now in place around the country are using the U.S. Department of Homeland Security – Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) guidelines to identify essential services. Under this guidance, LEO A DALY’s services are classified as essential, and we continue to serve our clients as a result.
LEO A DALY serves its clients and communities in the following categories, as outlined in the CISA guidance:
- Water and Wastewater
- Transportation and Logistics
- Public Works
During this time, we will continue to deliver quality services to our clients while ensuring employee safety. Click the image below to read the full guidance.
March 25, 2020
Over the last week, several states and cities where LEO A DALY maintains offices have issued Shelter-in-Place (SIP) Orders. These SIP Orders consider much of the work LEO A DALY does related to public infrastructure as essential.
To continue protecting our employees and serving our clients, LEO A DALY has issued the following guidelines:
- Employees subject to a SIP Order may only leave their homes for “essential” or exempt reasons.
- Any employee who is subject to a SIP Order, who needs to leave home for the purpose of performing a job function (such as attending a client meeting or site visit, accessing a company office, or delivering a plan set, etc.), may only do so if that job function falls within an essential reason as defined in the SIP Order and the employee has received the approval of the firm’s management.
- All employees subject to a SIP Order must notify LEO A DALY via email prior to performing any essential job function away from home.
In response to these SIP Orders, LEO A DALY has closed the following offices, with limited access, until further notice:
- Los Angeles
LEO A DALY will continue to monitor the situation and take appropriate measures keeping in mind the safety, health and welfare of employees, clients and the communities it serves. Please follow this page for regular updates.
March 19, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, LEO A DALY is taking action to protect employees, clients and the communities we serve. We have instituted a Coronavirus Response and Continuity Plan, following CDC guidance on travel and personal protection, including sanitization practices, hygiene standards, social distancing best practices, and work-from-home policies.
First – To protect the health of our employees and the communities we live in, all employees have been advised to work from home until further notice.
- Over the last decade, we have invested in the resources and training necessary to work, communicate and collaborate remotely.
- Our communications, security, mobile hardware and cloud computing capabilities, which include programs such as WebEx, Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Teams and a host of other tools, will allow us to continue delivering the level of service our clients have come to expect.
- LEO A DALY employees can access all of our offices for printing, shipping and other production tasks on an as-needed basis.
Second – LEO A DALY has banned all international business travel and nonessential domestic air travel.
- Employees who have traveled to a country listed as a Level 3 Warning by the CDC, been exposed to someone who has coronavirus or tested positive for the coronavirus are required to self-isolate/quarantine for 14 days from the date the employee was last exposed.
- All employees who are self-isolating are required to inform our Human Resources team prior to returning to work.
- LEO A DALY employees will continue to meet our site visit obligations and participate in our client meetings, consistent with governmental guidance.
As COVID-19 increases in severity, we are dedicated to overcoming challenges and doing everything in our power to meet our clients’ needs. We are committed to continuing to deliver for them during this period of uncertainty.