Sysco FreshPoint, Florida Produce Processing & Distribution Center
FreshPoint West Coast Florida called upon our team to renovate and expand their existing 250,000 SF produce processing and distribution center in Orlando, Florida. We worked closely with the client to develop an extensive phasing plan that transformed their facility with new spaces that enhanced operational efficiency, including:
- 55,520 SF cooler consisting of multiple temperature zones, banana rooms, cold dock and dock offices. This area was designed to anticipate future expansion.
- Renovated and expanded 29,580 SF of cooler, cold dock, and additional dock offices and ancillary spaces.
- Relocated and renovated 24,540 SF of produce cuts sanitary production areas, employee welfare areas, material handling equipment battery charging areas, maintenance areas, and other ancillary spaces.
- A 130,000 SF parking lot for employees and trucks included a new elevated guard house for site security.
- An additional secondary electrical service for the newly constructed and renovated areas.
- A new central ammonia refrigeration system was designed to provide cooling for cooler and production areas.
Sysco – FreshPoint West Coast Florida
At a glance
- 55,520-SF expansion
- 109,640-SF renovation
- New cooler consisting of multiple temperature zones
- Renovated and expanded cooler and cold dock
- New central ammonia refrigeration system
- Cold dock
- Offices and ancillary spaces
- Produce cuts sanitary production spaces
- Employee welfare spaces
- Material handling equipment battery charging spaces
- Maintenance spaces
- New elevated guard house
- Future expansion considerations
- Facility Assessment
- Building Programming
- Architectural design
- Interior design
- Mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering
- Construction administration